Industry Standard Computers
St. Clairsville, Ohio
30 Years In Business - 30 Years Experience with Computers - 25 Years with Networks & Security
The oldest system builder in the area, maybe in the state!
Best Labor Rate in the Area, $25 Shop, $40 Outside
A "turn key" Solution for Public Libraries:
If you are an Ohio State Public Library, we have a complete computer solution for your library! $475 - $1425
We install ISC's Firewall content Filtering Server at your location.
We build custom computers, if you have found 'discount' computers are not even 'you get what you pay for.' We have a computer still in service in a library built 2001.
- This gives your entire library 'adult content filtering' not just public terminals, plus a whole lot more. Click here for additional info.
- Our "Private Web" program installed on ISC's Firewall content Filtering Server for restricting your 'Card Catalog' computers. Click here for additional info.
- A 'cyber-cafe' or 'Kiosk' for validating library cards before allowing timed Internet access on public terminals. Web based administration from a staff computer. No need for any special software to be loaded locally on any computer other than a good java based browser. Everyone who has used our system comments about how easy it is to use. $299.
- An in house Apache web server and/or Postfix E-mail server. $299 up. More and More.
- A "Hot Spot" for off the street laptops that is isolated from infecting any in house computers with spywares or viruses.
- Installation and set up for all the above is simple.
- Unplug the cable from your router and plug it into ISC's content Filtering Server and then a cable from ISC's FcFS back to the switch(es) or hub(s). Change all the "staff" computers to allow for DHCP.
- Open two incoming ports on the firewall (if not purchased from us) to allow for automatic updates (porn, spyware, intrusion detection, advertisement blocking, remote management etc.).
- Private Web setup is simply: an Internet Explorer home page and a connections change that takes about 1 minute.
- Cyber-cafe / Kiosk program set up is about 5 minutes involving a simple change of IP on public computers to a specific range & installation of a Mozilla based browser (Mozilla or Firefox) for best and most reliable results.
- Now spend your company time doing library things vs. constant battles with Internet based problems.
- Side effects... It will take more time to kill your current system then to completely install ours.
- Best of all, buy five new computers this year... not one single penny more to have the same filtering and protection as the rest of your library; no extra licenses to buy.
- Sounds too complicated or prefer expert installation, we can install all of it for you at our low hourly rate of $35 and fix other nagging problems.
Just a note since many are getting a false sense of security with a program called "Freeze." The US Military does NOT use it; I asked! Any active network aware virus in memory or spyware can infect the computer when if goes into "Thaw". Even less protection with Steady State.
All pages on this website written by employees of ISC, © Copyright 1999-2015 by Butch Walker, all rights reserved.
Do not copy or use in any way without written permission from Butch Walker.
HOME . CONTACT US . PRICE LISTS . Are you in good shape? Take the tests: How Safe Are You? . Network . Backups