Industry Standard Computers
St. Clairsville, Ohio
30 Years In Business - 30 Years Experience with Computers - 25 Years with Networks & Security
The oldest system builder in the area, maybe in the state!
Best Labor Rate in the Area, $25 Shop, $40 Outside
Network Cost Estimate
With 18 years on the network side of computers, many extras and configurations will be added but not discussed here. If you want the best and most reasonable in the area, you found them. We set up all our networks to be very low maintenance. In most cases except for the once or twice a year server updates you may never need to see us after initial setup.
FOR peer to peer (10 users maximum, 20 in low traffic enviroments is best case scenario):
FOR dedicated server system (3+ users):
- If you currently have Windows 98 or 2000.... about $30 per station for network cards and setup. XP is glitchy... may be more $. (XP Home cannot be networked very well, if at all.) Network switch and cable about $11 per station. Backup options will be discussed on-site to figure out what is best for your particular business. Most networks we have set up in the 5-10 users have cost less than $500 total for everything.
Estimates are high so you can give to the bank.
Most Novell or Linux networks could be configured here and shipped to your business, should you find you are paying way too much in your area for networking. We could train your Administrator over the phone and through the web for typical server and user maintenance and upkeep. Since all Industry Standard Computers are made of compatible parts, you would never need to ship computers back to us for repair, your Administrator could replace parts on site. We can discuss secondary servers and specialized backups for 365 / 24 hour a day businesses.
- Server $500-$2500 for most small business.
- Server for large business or businesses requiring massive storage about $4000. (Most large businesses use about 4 GB of server space. If programs and such have to reside on the server the worst we have seen is 16 GB.)
- Server software, licenses and setup about $1500 for first 5 users and about $30 per user for Windows 2000. Additional users for Linux or Novell are more or less free.
- 10 work stations at about $800 each for Windows 2000 or XP Professional. (XP Home is not networkable on Windows 2000 or 2003 Server!)
- OR about $40 per current work station.
- Figure about $11 per station for the Network Switch and cabling costs.
- Maybe 1 hour ($35) per station for additional software setup or misc. configurations.
- 19+ ppm network laser printer are $700 - $2000 each.
All pages on this website written by employees of ISC, © Copyright 1999-2015 by Butch Walker, all rights reserved.
Do not copy or use in any way without written permission from Butch Walker.
HOME . CONTACT US . PRICE LISTS . Are you in good shape? Take the tests: How Safe Are You? . Network . Backups